CED Accelerator Program (CEDAP)
CED Accelerator Program (CEDAP), a venture support initiative by the CED, aims to create an environment in which entrepreneurial ventures can flourish and help stimulate Pakistan’s economy at large. The program will facilitate start-up ventures to grow fast by providing necessary mentoring from established entrepreneurs with vested interest in the success of the ventures, seed funding, infrastructure, environment and access to IBA network. The entrepreneurs will go through a rich experience of starting and launching a new venture.
CEDAP provides a community and educational support to strengthen the entrepreneurial abilities and improve the chances of success of young entrepreneurs – with their current and future ventures. This is accomplished with a collaborative effort – the CEDAP ecosystem – consisting of CEDAP participants, leaders, mentors, and invited guests. CEDAP ecosystem engages and inspires its participant, to allow them to make meaningful progress with their venture, and to help them become a more experienced, knowledgeable and confident entrepreneur. In addition, we offer several opportunities to expand their network.
Key Benefits Expected
- Provide a platform/ working environment for entrepreneurial endeavors
- Develop the much needed mentoring pool
- Make students anticipate business problems
- Create synergy in terms of ideas & advice by working with each other
- Opportunity of Experiential learning not only for students but for all involved
- Form a networking hub
Benefits for Program Participants
- Access to experienced entrepreneurs as mentors
- Seed funding
- Resource Pool
- Collaborative work environment
- Access to a network of interconnected people
- Access to investors
- Experiential learning
Following ventures were the part of CEDAP 2015/2016 session:
- Stemers: Stemers is an initiative
to provide STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
education to learners of the age 10 to 18 through our unique
interactive courses on Robotics, Game Development,
Microcontroller Programming, Electric Circuit Designing, 3D
Modeling and 3D Printing.
- Budhani Sindhi Cultural Crafts:
Budhani Crafts is an online store which is selling all the
Traditional/Cultural Sindhi Crafts.
- Aadi’s Garden: Aadi’s Garden
promotes kitchen gardening and deals with fairy gardens and
miniature pots and plants.
- Subhay.com: Subhay.com is an
ecommerce website which has unique blend of products from
Pakistan, China, Indonesia, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan,
Bangladesh and much more. Its main focus is on facilitation
instead of just trading.
- Town’s Mate: TownsMate is an on-demand delivery application which connects customers with freelance delivery providers in their area to enable doorstep delivery of everything from groceries to vegetables and much more.
These ventures are mentored by some of the leading Pakistani entrepreneurs including Jamal Khan, Abid Butt and Ashraf Kapadia. Jamal Khan, Founder and CEO of Arpatech Pvt. Ltd. has served in a leadership capacity in numerous companies throughout his career, innovating and developing market leading products. Abid Butt is the founder and CEO of e2e Supply Chain Management, one of Pakistan’s leading providers of logistics services. His company topped the 2012 rankings of the AllWorld Network’s Pakistan Fast Growth 100, growing by a massive 1,918% between 2008 and 2010. Ashraf Kapadia is a very senior IT Professional with over 37 years of experience in the IT Industry currently working as Managing Director of Systems Limited. With over 900 employees worldwide, Systems Limited is the oldest and one of the largest IT services company in Pakistan.
The CED Accelerator Program spans over a year and constitutes of three phases.
- Phase-1 (Spring 2017)
- Workshops, progress presentations and meeting with the mentors and other experts each month to execute and review the plan of action
- Phase-2 (Spring 2017)
- Weekly workshops, progress presentations, guest speaker sessions and venture refinement meetings to meet venture growth targets
- Launch of the business (if not done previously)
- A demo day at the end of the summer term during which the ventures will pitch to investors and general public
- Phase-3 (Spring, 2017)
- Follow up meetings with the mentors and presentations each month to discuss the position and progress of the ventures
Kick starting accelerator program at IBA in short run, is aimed at organically developing crucial infrastructure required to build and sustain an environment for growth of new ventures and at maintaining IBA’s position at the forefront of entrepreneurial activity in the process.